Sunday, December 20, 2009

winter break = reading

Teen Angst? Naaah...
This is a book by the infinitely entertaining Ned Vizzini (I've been reading a lot of him lately). It's made up of essays that he wrote about his life when he was in junior high and high school. The book was easy to read, and I found myself wanting to keep reading. There were a couple funny parts, but overall I didn't find it as entertaining as his novels (both of which were reviewed earlier here and here, and which I highly recommend). Plus, a lot of the essays didn't have much of a story, or carry much emotion. At the same time, though, I do really love Ned Vizzini, and he's totally relateable, especially because the end of the book dealt with a lot of stuff that I'm going through now (college apps (which I should probably go work on), etc.). Basically, I think you should definitely read both of his novels, and if you want to read this book you can, but it's not like a must read. 7 pretzel bites!
KAY

1 comment:

  1. glad to see a new review!! Hopefully over break you will have a chance to rest and read.

    ReplyDelete