Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Falling in love with Ned Vizzini

Be More Chill
So after I read "It's Kind of a Funny Story," which I reviewed here earlier, I was like, "Man. I like this Ned Vizzini. Let's see what else he's got." And this is what else he's got: "Be More Chill." It's about this dorky teenage boy that swallows a tiny computer that tells him how to be cool. I know, it sounds really nerdy. But it's NOT! It's amazing! Someday, I want to be able to write like Ned Vizzini. I read this book in two days. For part of that I was on the plane, and I was laughing out loud it was so funny, which earned me a lot of strange looks but I don't even care. I think I liked the beginning the best, before he swallowed the computer (the squip) and became all cool, just because Vizzini depicted high school life so accurately and hilariously. When he got all cool it seemed a little less real, but still, I loved it, and the ending was perfect. 8.5 pretzel bites!
KAY

1 comment:

  1. I am posting a comment to both Kay and Tee -- a general comment, not anything specifically about Be More Chill, although I DO want to read it now.
    But generally I just want to say that it's so cool that the two of you are doing this. It makes me want to find more time to read. And I'm planning on reading some of the ones you've reviewed! Keep it up. xoxo, Annalise

    ReplyDelete